Interview: Susan Cowsill
June 3, 2008
The following interview was found at Zimbio.com. I wanted to preserve this here in case it was deleted from the other site.
1. For many artists, they cite a defining moment for themselves when they knew they wanted to be a singer. For many it was the appearance of Elvis on the Ed Sullivan show, to another generation it was the Beatles’ appearance on Sullivan half a decade later. Is there such a defining moment for you?
Yes, it was MY first performance on the Ed Sullivan show three years after seeing the Beatles on Ed Sullivan!
2. When you’re not creating music what are you listening to? Who are some of your favorites?
My all time favorite women singer/songwriter is Karla Bonnoff,,,,,I also love U2,,,,Wiskey Town featuring Ryan Adams...But my all time fav record is Richard Harris singing Jimmy Webbs music
3. What would you say is your greatest moment so far as an artist, either on record or live?
Playing for the first time at our home town bar The Carrollton Station in New Orleans after having been evacuated for four months. We were the first band to come home, and I believe the first band to play at the club since the storm. It was the most meaningful night of music I have ever played to the most loving and "in need audience" I have ever played for in all my years as a preformer.
4. Do you believe music can change the world or is just something to listen to? How much can music influence current events?
Absolutley it can,,,It has! Just look at Bono,,,Farm Aid....George Harrisons Bangledesh.
5. How has technology affected the music industry? How has technology affected your career as a musician?
Oh my god!!!!! How hasn't it changed it? The industry I mean. My music?? Not at all. My music, all of our music is unchangeable , it is simply music, our emotions expressed in lyric and sound,,,,,,yeah, thats my answer.
6. Now for my Barbara Walters question: If you were a pair of shoes what type of shoes would you be?
Oh this is an easy one, but can I be more than one pair??? Ok. First I am a pair of desert boots with the laces up the front, then I am a pair of fluffy but raelly worn in slippers, preferably velvet outside and lamby fur inside and lastly and mostly,,I am no shoe at all.